Discuss Cloud thingy - pain in the arse!! in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Geordie Spark

What's this Cloud thingy that keeps telling me the forum / page I am looking for cannot be found??

I had thought - nay hoped or expected even - that we had got away from all this shyte.

Apparently not!!

[h=1]The page you are looking for cannot be found.[/h]Similar results are provided below, or you can try another search

Search site

[h=2]Search results[/h]
Powered by Swiftype

SmartErrors powered by CloudFlarePrivacy policy

Last edited by a moderator:
had a lot of that a week or so ago. even when clicking on new posts when already on the forum. think it was avg anti-virus caused the problem. i uninstalled it and did a system restore. that fixed the problem.

I just tried to reply to another thread in another sub forum and got told "you have been blocked, you may be trying to attack the site, please email the site owner etc"

Cloudflare is a service the all the forum traffic runs though and it prevents suspicious page requests to stop the forum being taken off-line by malicious attacks. I'm not sure why it was triggered by your page request but I've moved this thread to here to keep all the problems that have been reported in the same place. I've made a request for Dan to try and resolve them.

Just thinking out loud, I know certain anti-virus programs basically load all the pages in search results to check each page in advance for suspicious code and then indicate if they're harmless or suspicious. It may be that cloudflare sees this activity as a threat.

I just tried to reply to another thread in another sub forum and got told "you have been blocked, you may be trying to attack the site, please email the site owner etc"

Oh I've not had that yet - I'm feeling a case of discrimination coming on here. Is it cos I is a Geordie or is because I is a plumber??

Just thinking out loud, I know certain anti-virus programs basically load all the pages in search results to check each page in advance for suspicious code and then indicate if they're harmless or suspicious. It may be that cloudflare sees this activity as a threat.

If it's any help to you Andy it doesn't happen all the time - only when you're lulled into a false sense of thinking all's well and it won't happen.

AND AGAIN!!!!! :angry_smile:

[h=1]The page you are looking for cannot be found.[/h]Similar results are provided below, or you can try another search

Search site

[h=2]Site results[/h]
Powered by Swiftype

SmartErrors powered by CloudFlarePrivacy policy

I have bullguard so it isnt that whats causing your issue
No .. it's this bloody forum!!

I'm a member of 2 others and one of them runs on the same software as this one with no issues at all so why does this one not??

I baled out from here a while back because I was pi$$ed of with these problems and the never ending posts about Bathroom fans, Power to sheds, Outside lights etc. etc. AND being told how behave (be nice etc) as if I'm a child. Well, I've always thought that good examples make the best sermons and leave it at that - for now.

Here I am back after being told that everything's sorted but apart from losing the stupid, annoying and frustrating Captcha thing and weeding - out the Bathroom fan fitters and shed wirer uppers there's not much changed as far as I can see.

Being a member of and posting on a forum should be a relaxing and enjoyable experience but there are times when on this forum it is not due to what may be termed "technical difficulties".

geordie. i preferred you when you were grumpy. :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

geordie. i preferred you when you were grumpy. :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

To tell you the truth ..... so did I. ;)

Fact is though Tel, I'm recovering from whatever has been ailing me since October and have been able to get out & about in the MR2 with Tidyboiler and stayed in nice B&B pub for a couple of days so I'm as happy as a pig in shyte right now.

Still have a Ear Nose & Throat consultant and a Neurologist to see and no doubt another shed load of X-Rays etc. but I think there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Mind you ....... knowing my luck, it'll be a bloody train coming the other way ......

aww, you'll be OK. it'll probably be late or cancelled as usual

I have not had that yet geordie lol, but still have typing issues with internet explorer so at minute using chrome and that seems to be fine at the minute touch wood

Reply to Cloud thingy - pain in the arse!! in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock