Discuss Coax help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tbs1983

Taken a coax from my sky dish to my bedroom so i can watch free sat, ive connected it into a tv point in a stud wall, the bedroom back to back needs a tv point too for a similar freesat set up, can i just spur off my tv point or do i need a seperate leg from dish lnb ?

Taken a coax from my sky dish to my bedroom so i can watch free sat, ive connected it into a tv point in a stud wall, the bedroom back to back needs a tv point too for a similar freesat set up, can i just spur off my tv point or do i need a seperate leg from dish lnb ?
Yes you can, it won't need a booster for just one more point on such a short length of cable.

yes ive used boosters in the past on new builds where weve had long runs to each room, but just wandering with them being back to back literally a foot of coax apart would it work just as a radial ?

Rather than the length of cable, I think the issue may be signal strength reduction when both tvs are being used at the same time - though i'm not really clued up on this stuff so may be completely wrong

I think it's ok to loop another tv off with digital with little effect on signal. When analogue was about if you looped off your signal was affected and a proper splitter was recommended.

cheers guys, so tazz if i fit one of those plates with the brushes in instead of my tv point, take the coax from my dish into my decoder, then a link out of my decoder to another, that will work?

Not all freesat receivers have an RF output they just have RF loop through. If you want to have two receivers you will need to run a separate cable to your dish for each receiver, you can't split the feed from the LNB like you can from an aerial.

Not all freesat receivers have an RF output they just have RF loop through. If you want to have two receivers you will need to run a separate cable to your dish for each receiver, you can't split the feed from the LNB like you can from an aerial.

This is a better idea if you want to watch different channels, will need dual lnb and 2 decoders tho

yes this is the method I'm after so we can watch separate channels from 2 separate tv's off 2 decoders. oh well i guess its another trip into the attic!!!

Coax help? Offer me chocolate and you may persuade me.

- - - Updated - - -

yes this is the method I'm after so we can watch separate channels from 2 separate tv's off 2 decoders. oh well i guess its another trip into the attic!!!

I have small, moley like eyes I have spent so long in lofts.

Trip outside to the dish....dual, triple and quad LNBs are cheap as chips, 2 coaxes from the lnb, one to each decoder and there you go

Reply to Coax help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net