Discuss code 2 advice to customer in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pete555

i have just had a customer ask me what length of time he has to make good is code 2,s following his EICR

any suggestions for a norm

thanks every body

Last edited by a moderator:
The eicr is only a report on an existing installation at the time of inspection,alterations or time may change the validity of the report

I would say as long or as short as that customer decides
If for reasons of safety or to satisfy a third party then the quicker the better,but again its their decision

If they feel having been given the advise that no action will be taken,again that is their choice,in essence, its nothing to do with us,we provide the service of the eicr and they are the owner of the installation with the responsibility that follows that ownership

If a code 2 defect remains in place the installation is unsatisfactory....end of. If the client wants or needs a satisfactory EICR they will have to rectify code 1 and 2 defects.....it's not really a question of timing.

I generally sort any code 1's when i do the inspection, code 2's i advise the customer need to be sorted asap or the report will remain unsatisfactory and code 3's can be done if they want to but no requirement

it says on the form "Urgent remedial action required". If the customer wants to know what urgent means he could always look in a dictionary..... ;)

20A is the maximum rating an MCB/RCBO can be when protecting a radial circuit wired in 2.5mm² Twin & Earth.
Rather than rushing out and purchasing a new 20A RCBO, I'd use the 16A device, and see how it goes.
If you find the 16A device keeps tripping out whenever you plug too many items into the sockets, then try a 20A device.

Reply to code 2 advice to customer in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net