Discuss Code 3 for usign Sheath of MICC as CPC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
This has probably come up before but I cant seem to find it. I have been presented with an EICR produced by another company where they have put a code 3 down for using the sheath of mineral insulated cables as the CPC. No further explanation on the observations and recomendations sheet. No requirement for bonding (its on final circuits), cross sectional area of sheath is fine, no sign of degredation, dead and live test readings low.

I dont understand why they have done this? Am I missing something? The client wants the cables replaced because of this report..........so it is an issue. Any help or insights are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

perfectly normal to use the copper sheath of MICC as cpc. that's what it's for (as well as offering the best mechanical protection ). the guy who coded it is an arse. assuming that it's correctly glanded and readings are acceptable.

I've seen C2 for missing labels in the past, I'd hate to see what that particular clown would have coded the MICC CPC...

As others have said No code required ( as long as its terminated correctly)I,ve just had one today Code 1 for exposed bus bar inside a DB , Code 2 for no mixed wiring colour sticker ,Code 1 for a bit trunking lid missing , Code 2 for no DB chart ,the list goes on

Thanks for all the replys. He hasn't coded anything else, just about 10 C3's, one for each MI circuit . He wasn't a complete numpty as he did not C2 this and assess as unsatifactory thank god, but the client is twitchy because they are a local authority and the current climate means the words 'improvement recomended' make them worry about risks to tennants! I am going to go back and reasure him.

Thanks for all the replys. He hasn't coded anything else, just about 10 C3's, one for each MI circuit . He wasn't a complete numpty as he did not C2 this and assess as unsatifactory thank god, but the client is twitchy because they are a local authority and the current climate means the words 'improvement recomended' make them worry about risks to tennants! I am going to go back and reasure him.
Is matey a real electrician, or a plastic one?

Reply to Code 3 for usign Sheath of MICC as CPC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock