Discuss Code for no 30mA protection on lights? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm getting in a bit of a muddle as to whether this is a code C3 or no code.

This is an EICR. The CU has a 100mA main switch. The lights have 100mA protection the rest of the install has 30mA protection. It is a TT.

The Best practice guide clearly says no RCD protection in this scenario is a C3, but it doesn't state if this has to be 30mA.

Cheers all.

Ps.. also reg 701.411.3.3 clearly says 30mA needed.

Last edited:
411.5.2 says a RCD doesnt need to be fitted, but is preferred.
701.411.3.3 is for rooms containing a bath or shower, so you have one or more of those in the property?

Edit are any cables buried in walls?

Plenty of cables buried in walls.

Yes, it does it serve a bathroom and there is supplementary bonding in place.

Reply to Code for no 30mA protection on lights? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good Afternoon All Currently doing an EICR on common parts of a big site with multiple blocks. All blocks have outside garden spike lighting in...
Replies
Views
Hi all Called to do an EICR on a property 4 studio flats / bedsits within a single house. The t&e sub main to each flat runs within the fabric of...
Replies
Views
Hello! I've been racking my brain this evening about some RCD selections. I've been doing some work for a solar installer, and they've asked me...
Replies
Views
Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Grateful for your expertise regarding my confusion on the below. Context: French rural domestic property Single phase supply, TT...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock