Discuss Coding for unfixed ccu in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Was doing an EICR and pulled out the oven to have a butchers to see if there was a connection unit or not. Hob and oven connected into same outlet, which is fine. It wasn’t fixed to the wall but, it was just sitting behind kick plate. Assuming this is due to the cable coming in surface and the surface box isn’t allowing oven to be pushed in. Would you guys code this? I’ve seen plenty of ovens plugged into a socket lying loose, just wondering what your take on it is

134.1.1, gotta love that reg. C3 if no signs of thermal or rodent damage. I'd be checking the loose lying patress for any damage and taking it apart for good measure to check for any thermal damage inside the socket.

If there was damage then C2 and obviously if I can get to the juicy bits without much effort (beyond moving it about) then C1.

134.1.1, gotta love that reg. C3 if no signs of thermal or rodent damage. I'd be checking the loose lying patress for any damage and taking it apart for good measure to check for any thermal damage inside the socket.

If there was damage then C2 and obviously if I can get to the juicy bits without much effort (beyond moving it about) then C1.
It looked fine, all cables enclosed and tight. It wasn’t trailing on the floor it was just behind where the oven sits, C3 it is

If the CCU has strain relief both sides, in and out, then no code. Missing strain relief, I'd probably code C3 if it seemed unlikely that it would pull apart when the cooker was moved.

Definitely got to consider the fact that the connections may become loose when the oven is pulled out and pushed back in. As above, it needs to have cables securely held by something.

Reply to Coding for unfixed ccu in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net