Discuss Coding question... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Baddegg

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Got a consumer unit fitted touching a gas pipe on an upcoming eicr,old rewire-able unit, no idea what came first, unit or pipe, but it’s obviously less than the 150 mm mentioned in the on site guide, I know regs are not retrospective but would that come into it in this instance?.....and how would others code it?

Hi - reading up on this I got :

BS7671 Reg 528.3 - which in this case likely means check for any detrimental impact you can see and code accordingly (as per Tel).

I understand the Gas Man’s BS 6891 is the source of the 150mm minimum between gas and electrical intakes and 25mm between pipes and cables (somewhere, sorry I’ve not got a copy of it).

So if no detrimental impact I’d note it as an observation on your EICR.

Thanks wilko I did wonder why it mentions it in osg but has no blue reg no next to it....makes a change for it to be the plumbers problem doesn’t it ?

Got a consumer unit fitted touching a gas pipe on an upcoming eicr,old rewire-able unit, no idea what came first, unit or pipe, but it’s obviously less than the 150 mm mentioned in the on site guide, I know regs are not retrospective but would that come into it in this instance?.....and how would others code it?
Baddegg if it is less than 36 inches it would have to be relocated. NEC article 110 requirements for electrical installations. You asked

Reply to Coding question... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Trying to organise a CU replacement at home. It's a 1930s property. It's got a 10way CU but with no RCD protection. Was after a larger unit with...
Replies
Views
Background: I am not an electrician, I am a retired professional engineer high power broadcast transmitter design , but am dabbling outside my...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all. I’m doing a dorma / loft extension all circuits for that extension are new . I’m going to upgrade the consumer unit also to...
Replies
Views
I'm following a spark who used an existing Panel Heater circuit, for new gas boiler circuit 6 months ago. The panel heaters were removed, so it's...
Replies
Views
Doing a lot of EICRs at the moment and have came across what I'm sure is a common enough problem. In an off grid rural cottage I have a TT system...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock