Discuss College Key Skills in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jimbo4591

College is drivin me mad at the mo! all this stupid key skills crap lol. For part of my communications coursework I have to do a report for electricians who dont know the 3 main (dead) tests you have to do after an installation.

Im aware of some of the tests but dont know exactly which order/ which is more important etc.

Is insulation resistance a definite and earth continuity? Is the other one continuity of the ring or R1 + R2 test? or Loop test or RCD test?!

No idea

And does anyone know where I can find out about the 3 main dead tests after an installation? They expect me to know exactly how to carry out the tests but we've barely been taught what a neutral is lol.

cheers guys any help appriciated

think of me as an 'alien' who knows nothing! :)

james

Cam Anyone Tell What Course To Be Taking If I Want To Become An Electrician From The Bottom Of The Ladder Thers 2 Courses "electrical Installation Nvq" And "electrotechnical Technology C&g" Whats The Difference

Reply to College Key Skills in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've come to this forum as I believe the advice im looking for is much more specific and after posting on all the E36 forums its clear...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im new to the forum and wanted to check something and maybe get some advice confirmation. Ive got halogen wall lights which use a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock