Discuss Colleges in South London area in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

Tony999

Just wanted to ask if anyone had done their training for the C&G 2330 Level 2 Electrical Installation at 'CTC Training & Employment Ltd in Woolwich, South London, CRS Craft Training Centre, Deptford Strand London or Shooters Hill Post 16 Campus, Red Lion Lane Greenwich?

Was supposed to be doing evening classes at Barking and Dagenham College next month, but have split with my partner who lives Romford so am having to find one around my area in Woolwich, South London.

Not had any luck getting through on the phone yet and time is running out so wondered if anyone could recommend any of the 3 above. I know these are the only ones near me as I got City & Guilds to send me a list of places where they do this course.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

hello mate

i live in welling. Drop me a pm but do not by all means go to ctc in woolwich i done my 2391 there (or part of it) and finished it off else where they are awful. Imho

Cheers for the information mate, they are still deciding whether to run the course at Parry Place woolwich CTC, but seeing as you thought it was no good I'll avoid that one then!
The one I wanted to do at (Barking and Dagenham College) in Rush Green is full now.
I dont suppose you know if theres a big difference in the EAL qualication and city and guilds? As they have a college in barking but only do the EAL.

Where did you do your course?

Thanks for you help

i done it with a guy on here who's user name is widdler he is top notch he writes some stuff for city and guilds.

The only advice i can offer with regard to the eal thing is that the city and guilds 2391 is just so widely recognised anything else is just deemed inferior although technically it may not be

Oh right, does this widdler do private tutoring then, or was it at a college?

Yeah that's what I thought actually theres no point doing EAL if City and Guilds obviously more recognised.

There were spaces left at a college called Ardleigh Green in Hornchurch to do the Electrical Installation Level 2 2330, but its an advanced course, which means they squeeze everything into one year for 2 evenings a week. Problem is I have only been a mate for about 3 years now doing second fix underfloor power, putting up LCM's, running cabling and earthing etc so have touched no electrics, my mate whos an electrician said I wouldnt stand a chance, as he studied for 3 years to pass level 2.

Do you know of any Level 1 courses that would teach you the basics of electrics so I'd be ready for Level 2?

Thanks for your help much appreciated

dunno if this is too late for you but Able Skills do courses in Dartford and they are the C&G ones....I'm doing a weekend based level 2 which takes 32 weeks (18 weekends on, 18 off)

Reply to Colleges in South London area in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock