Discuss Combining circuits in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

But nothing in the regs? The load of the washer is 2200 watts with a built in heater and the dishwasher coming in at around 2000 watts. My plan is 2.5mm2 wire and a 20amp MCB. Washer will be plug and socket while the dishwasher will be hard wired, however that can be changed to a socket if regs forbid it.

But nothing in the regs? The load of the washer is 2200 watts with a built in heater and the dishwasher coming in at around 2000 watts. My plan is 2.5mm2 wire and a 20amp MCB. Washer will be plug and socket while the dishwasher will be hard wired, however that can be changed to a socket if regs forbid it.

I think you'll find the considerations suggested by Trev and circuit design in general pretty important parts of the regs.

What recommendation is made for appliances over 2k?
Nothing? Unless you install dedicated circuits for the likes of toasters, kettles etc. 3kw is the general cut off, although doesn't stop a tumble dryer being plugged in anywhere!

I as a trainee have come to the conclusion that some people carry the regs around like they are a fashion statement but rarely look in them.

What a waste of £60.

How would diversity be calculated? I can see both on at the same time... or not at full power long enough?
you can only estimate. even if they are both on at the same time, they will not always both be on heat cycle, and even then, it's only 18A (assuming you have a 240V supply, not 120V).

What voltage are they on?
I believe you chaps over there have different voltages than us here in Blighty.

Reply to Combining circuits in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock