SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Commercial certification in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

acadennis

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi guys,

Soon I will have to carry out the installation of two new ring circuits in commercial premises(restaurant), I am a JIB aproved electrician1&2,nvq3,2381/2, 2391, as this job is a privat job I wondering if:

- for issue of an EIC, I need to be registered with i.e. NIC or ELECSA,
- to have public liability insurance just for this weekend job,
-as privat (not company) job can I put my name&home address on EIC,
:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sparks72

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi guys,

Soon I will have to carry out the installation of two new ring circuits in commercial premises(restaurant), I am a JIB aproved electrician1&2,nvq3,2381/2, 2391, as this job is a privat job I wondering if:

- for issue of an EIC, I need to be registered with i.e. NIC or ELECSA,
- to have public liability insurance just for this weekend job,
-as privat (not company) job can I put my name&home address on EIC,
:confused:
-Check what your customer requires, You can use BS7671 certs or download green NICEIC certs (you don't need to be registered with anyone).

-Give insurance firm a call or offer customer a guarantee.(you should have liability though)

-put your own details on the cert because your doing the work.

Their seem's to be confusion in the industry regarding just about everything!

Some customers ask for NICEIC / ECA forms because they think to be a competent electrician you "must" be a member of one of these, totally untrue!
All electrical work conforms to BS7671 & the IEE have created certs so you can conform to it.

A

acadennis

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks sparks72 for your answer,

its a bit confusion on the chapter Certification, this is good idea for someone to write a book to clarify this confusion for all of us.

Thanks anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Commercial certification in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom