Discuss Commercial EICR, What has to be legally filled in? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Had a EICR completed on a commercial property and it has come back with N/A in the Ze box and also N/A in all the boxes regarding the serial number of the test equipment used. Do these have to be filled in?

There are a number of other mistakes and omissions as well including one DB's circuits not there at all!!

I know it's a silly question, but could you please also confirm the meaning of Recessed luminaires as my interpretation of it is luminaires fixed into the ceiling and not luminaires fixed onto the ceiling.

Many thanks

B

Are you sure all the boxes for the test instruments are not filled in. It's possible to you use only one multifunction tester to complete all the testing and leave the rest crossed through or N/A. If there are definitely no serial numbers then that's very poor.

Had a EICR completed on a commercial property and it has come back with N/A in the Ze box and also N/A in all the boxes regarding the serial number of the test equipment used. Do these have to be filled in? they should be

There are a number of other mistakes and omissions as well including one DB's circuits not there at all!! sloppy

I know it's a silly question, but could you please also confirm the meaning of Recessed luminaires as my interpretation of it is luminaires fixed into the ceiling and not luminaires fixed onto the ceiling. correct

Could we ask for pictures of the report with any personal details of yourself or the company involved redacted.

There may be more than one area of the report that test equipment serial numbers are recorded, same with Ze, but it’s not hard to just copy the information from one page to the other.

Ze can be found by measurement, calculation or enquiry, so even if there was a reason that it couldn't be measured (and in a commercial setting there could be many legitimate reasons) it should at least have considered the basic DNO values.

This sounds remarkably like a five minute inspection by someone who didn't even get out of the motor.....

I've gone through the report and there is only one place that Ze is asked for and thats in Part 8 Nature of supply parameters.

Unfortunately it wasn't, 3 days worth. The tester had the last test results, as we used his employer before, and he was taken to all the circuit points and given a hand to take down light fittings etc.

There was no reason why he couldn't do the Ze as he turned the power off and if there was I would have thought it should have been noted in the exceptions.

Have you asked, it could easily be an oversight when completing the report that NA was entered as opposed to the reading.

I've asked about all the missing circuits that where tested and not recorded on the report also told them that the rest of the report is full of other mistakes and ommissions and not had any sort of reply except that payment is overdue.

Reply to Commercial EICR, What has to be legally filled in? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock