Discuss Commercial Emergency Lighting in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

craig1000

Hi All,

Am wondering on the best place to get hold of BS 5266-1:2011 emergency lighting regs & what other literature any of you may recommend also to assist me with commercial emergency lighting design when I have the need like now lol
Doing a small salon fit out & am pretty sure I have it all covered from my understanding of emg lighting on jobs over the years but I no & in the future need to make sure & KNOW i have it correct!
In short any rooms with more than 1 door or the direction of exit not clear need be directionally covered!
Any other rooms must have emg lighting, all stairs & landings of staircases also etc! Also directly outside the point of emg exit!
I am correct in insisting on emg lighting also on 2 floors further up the stairs & the stairs that the customer plans not to use, but will be accessible to her staff or customers if they wandered to far up the staircase etc so could potentially at any time become occupied!
Any thoughts on this itself & or the best place to get literature would be much appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!
[h=1][/h]

it will cost a fortune wherever you buy it, they always do, the niceic will sell you one and so will other scams too I'm sure, you could always look on amazon, they sell everything and deliver to the door, you may even save money who knows? worth a shot I reckon.

check BS website if you join you get a reduction think 50% just work out which is cheaper to buy or join and buy!

must be a minimum lux level of 1 on escape routes and areas people may be in, now I dont know anyone with a lux level meter but 1 lux isn't much, make sure running men arrows point in right direction haha!

Reply to Commercial Emergency Lighting in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock