Discuss Commercial install in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kanda

Im a Part -P, i have 17th and a 2391

i have been doing domestic installs etc, but i have been asked to do some work on a business premises,

i have to surface mount a double socket and connect to an existing ring main

and hang a new light fitting

this is all in the office of the business premises, will i be breaking the law doing this? can i give a minor works cert (non - Branded)

your advice would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

it may just be that the OP is unsure of any regulations outside of BS7671, e.g. a part p type legislation for commercial. if that's the case, then there ain't any. just as long as you're competent, have PL insurance, and can test and certify.

Listen to the posts telling you that no law is being broken at your peril

Wormwood scrubs is bursting at the seams with domestic sparks who dared get their screwdrivers out in a Tesco's or Pineapple factory

You could wear a disguise,like say a bobble hat,then be ready to bolt when the electrical sharpshooters are in the area

Im a Part -P, i have 17th and a 2391

The 2391 is a good qualification well done, out of interest and I am being friendly, have you got any actual qualifications to carry out works, not a part p or the 17th but proper qualifications, I am not familiar with the names today, it was 236 parts 1 and 2 and AM1 and AM2 in my day, someone else would know the equivilent today.

Mike

Come on, give him some credits: if he is talking about an office area or public access there may be some stupid OHS regulations in place how, when and where it should be done.

Just having 17th edition (how to read a book) and 2391 testing and inspecting is not enough i would leave well alone mate you need City and Guilds, Eal, NVQ etc qualifications in Electrical Installation actual pieces of paper with your name on them and course title apprentice route or college route takes years of long hard study you dont just jump straight in at the deep end. Good luck mate but i would leave alone

Reply to Commercial install in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net