Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss commercial installation in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

marc.g

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Would benefit from a little advice!! I am installing a single phase split load rcd consumer unit into a hair salon can anyone tell if sockets are not allowed to be installed on rcd side to avoid nusiance tripping.

Aico 3000 Range
Where would the nusiance tripping occur from? If the sockets are used for hair dryers etc and your worried about them getting into contact with wash basins, then I'd personally put them on an rcd

Y

yorkshiresparky

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The first thing to be connected via an rcd should be sockets. Think about it, LScotty has a good point, sinks + hair dryers = recipe for possible disaster :eek:

P

phil333

yeah i would put it on an RCD, how many skt's are there ( just interested)

D

Dave McKay

Water:rolleyes:Electricity:rolleyes:Body:eek:Legal action:(Jail:eek:

C

Cirrus

Always put 13A skts onto the RCD side as it pays to be safe.

X

-X-

Another option would to be to use radials on rcbo's and split the salon into separate circuits, and thus keep any effects of nuisance or fault tripping to a min whilst allowing trade to continue.

R

rallyandy

I agree with x , did a saloon a few years back and used RCBO's to stop potential downtime, and now the 17th says you have to RCD protect sockets anyway

M

montybaber

I agree with x , did a saloon a few years back and used RCBO's to stop potential downtime, and now the 17th says you have to RCD protect sockets anyway
with all that liquor flying about thats gotta be a good idea;)

T

tony.towa

Not necessarily in commercial/industrial installations.

U

uksel

I think to cover yourself as far as EAWR you'd be better off installing RCBO's

previous versions of the regulations required RCD's to be installed on circuits whih=ch could reasonably be expected to supply portable equipment for use outside of the equipotential zone or just simply outdoors. I don't think the salon would fall under this category.

to current regulations you don't have to RCD protect all sockets or wiring, if the wiring is enclosed in earthed metal conduit then it will comply. although - i don't think this would apply to the salon :)

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to commercial installation in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom