CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Commercial kitchen job help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

i have installed some fused connection units in a commercial kitchen, normally in domestics i omit supplementary bonding due to main bonds and RCD protection being in place.

Whilst my circuit has RCD protection there are existing circuits with no RCD protection and out of interest to what extent would the below need regarding bonding?

metalic water pipes, fixed metal kitchen worktops, metal extraction hoods etc.
i can see for the most part supplementary bonding in place, am i correct in saying if i get below 0.05 ohms between all exposed conductive parts i dont need a show piece of green and yellow cabling pig tailing everwhere?

T

Toneyz

Chris,
Are you still on the 15th?,the only thing that may need bonding is the incoming metal water pipe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
hahaha i trained to the 17th to make it worse.... i just see allot of older circuits without RCD protection installed to 15th edition

Green yellow pigtails

Used to love making these up when I was a kid , wrapping 6mm earth round an old broom handle

Fortunately unless you are working to the 15th edition of the regs , pigtails are no longer required

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
so am i correct in saying because my circuit (installed with 30ma RCD protection i dont need to worry about the fact it has been installed around a load of 15th edition equipment.

Reply to Commercial kitchen job help in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom