Discuss Commercial RCD protection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Boaky

I have done alterations in an old people's home on a lighting CCT,
cables are buries less than 50mm as most cables are, do I have to bring it up to 17th eedition by fitting a RCBO (commercial building and really don't want to inherit old faults as I tend to inherit a lot these days)

Your first thread successfully launched :)

The section you altered must meet 17th edition you still need to ensure the existing is safe and to the regulations to which it was installed but if any of your alterations involves cables buried at less than 50mm with mechanical protection then yes you have to give rcd cover, i personally would use the alterations to warrant additional protection to the customer as it gives personal protection.

If you were doing a socket circuit then the nature of the sockets requiring rcd protection applies (assuming its not part of an exclusion regarding a skilled person regulation) so even if your section was all surface in trunking you would need to add rcd protection.

Reply to Commercial RCD protection in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

hi all come across a new build commercial office where radial circuits feeding electrak power track was protected by 32A RCBO at dist board and...
Replies
Views
Another thread asked about two circuits sharing a common multi-core cable and regulation 521.8.1 was mentioned. A friend of mine has inherited...
Replies
Views
I'm obviously still new and learning about what I can and cannot do, but essentially I want to install an EVSE at my own house for an electric...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've been asked to do a EICR in a commercial property, So i popped in to have a look on my way home quickly and found the lighting...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am at odds on whether RCD protection is required on an SWA of 14 metres, clipped direct under flooring direct from CU to an exterior...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock