Discuss commercial ring rcd or mcb in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

matt sparks

hello all, just done a job to change a store into a small kitchenette. its in a commercial train depot, singles in pvc conduit buried in wall, has been tested by a nic tester and signed off. circuit protection is a 32a mcb, only chosen for the fact that the circuit is on the first floor, is commercial and all safe zones issues have been addressed also nobody of a general public type person is allowed to use or carry out any modifications to the lay out of the building, but the installation has been pulled by the maintainance sparks because of the mcb, quoting the 17th, any ideas were we stand?!! any answers full appreciated cheers.

think maybe if cables not buried over 50mm deep in wall or in earthed conduit it has to be on 30ma rcd. may be wrong tho but sure someone more experienced can give you the answer

ALL socket outlets need rcd protection complying with regulation 415 see reg 411.3.3 there are exceptions in 411.3.3 a & b but realistically you wont forfill them.

a) = under the supervision of skilled or instructed people.

but you cant guarantee that (cleaners etc) and how do you define skilled !

basically all sockets need rcd protection complying with regulation 415

remeber the reg youll be hearing loads about it:eek:

Reply to commercial ring rcd or mcb in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
I’m going to call an electrician out on Monday, but curious if anyone has any ideas about this fault: I have a new kitchen fitted and two...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Long time member and not a regular user here. I do pop in here when the odd unknown pop's up and unable to locate an electrical dilemma...
Replies
Views
Doing a lot of EICRs at the moment and have came across what I'm sure is a common enough problem. In an off grid rural cottage I have a TT system...
Replies
Views
Been looking at a CU change in a small office and would appreciate comments on the following. Office is supplied from the mains intake in the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock