Discuss Commercial shop - extra sockets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

OK, commercial shop, no rcd protection on sockets, surface cabling in trunking. Wants 2 x 2g sockets for office and 1 x 2g socket for "fixed" display of product.

Do these need to be RCD or not.

My common sense approach says the one for the display should be but the office not.

Tin hat on!

all down to use by skilled or instructed persons. if in doubt, RCD them.

Agree with Tel,but you can bet your bottom dollar that the owner will say they will only be used by him when he sees difference in price between rcd and ordinary.

The crazy thing will be that the extra ones in the office will be very close to the existing non RCD sockets.

I will RCD the display area socket but the ones in the office.....

Madness!

Another way is to make your price only slightly different,say 25 quid between the 2 jobs then explain how it isn,t worth the risk for an extra 25 quid then he may go for all rcd,if not then at least you will be a few quid up on the job.

Reply to Commercial shop - extra sockets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All done an EICR on a small office around 5 years old someone has added extra socket circuits from new to suit layout. they have added...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Ive just had an electrical condition report conducted on a mixed-use property, and I am extremely surprised that after the last report...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Following on from my previous post where I received advice on taking a spur off a 40a feed (thank you). I performed the work...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've got a job where I'm installing dado trunking on the floor of an office for sockets and data. Some info on job - In total I will be...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock