Discuss Commercial Zs in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

RmBo_0

Hi,

Went to move a few sockets yesterday in a fairly large commercial building. Before I started I thought I'd do a quick Zs test. Result was >2000ohm, so I asked if I could isolate the DB so I could test Ze/Zdb and R1+R2 but was refused. So I thought I'd try get a Zs from some other final circuits on other DB's but was getting same result at this point I was convinced it must be my tester. So I informed the management that I thought that there might be a fault on the supply earth but I needed to confirm it wasn't my tester even though I only had it calibrated last week. Went to a little unit I do some work for just to see if my tester was giving me a result and it was fine. Went back and told them they need to get the supplier out as soon as possible to check the earth and the reply was yeah leave it with us. Called back today to see whats happening and they hadn't even got in touch with the suppliers yet. Didn't look like they was that bothered either.

Where do I stand with this? I refused to do the work till it had been sorted. Should I send the company an e-mail just to say I've informed management about not having an earth fault path and need to get in touch with their supplier.

a strongly worded email with a read request and a recorded delivery letter ( keep a copy). that puts you in the clear if the ---- hits the fan.

Yeah that's what I thought. Even though I didn't commence with the work I still feel responsible because I found the fault.

They own the building. I have explained to them but all I got was we'll get it sorted. Going back tomorrow and getting it resolved one way or another.

It's really down to the owners or outfit responsible for the premises to notify DNO,unless they ok you to do this.Do as previous post re;email and written notification,have observed this situation before where tester bypasses building owners giving details of works supervisor,they ring him,(if they bother),he says it's sorted and no visit.You've done your bit,cover ---,move on...good work pressing on and checking your results,sometimes you can sit down with the lemmings for hours and they STILL head for the cliff...

A perfect case for issueing a signed ''Danger Notice'' to this company, me thinks!! That will well and truly cover your arse!! lol!!

I'll stick one of these on their window.

Commercial Zs ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366465361.058543 - EletriciansForums.net

I ended up hand delivering a letter to the manager and asked him to sign it to say he'd read it and gave them a copy. Dare say they probably won't have me back.

Reply to Commercial Zs in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock