Discuss commercil floodlights question in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

liamj_6

I have two floodlights, brand acel, 70 watt son- T fllodlight with son t 70watt lamp.

The bulb colour isnt very good as its orange and doesnt give off much light. I am wondering if there are clear white bulbs or i have seen one called golden white, if they would be okay. Does it have to be a 70 watt bulb or can the wattage be increased, and does it have to be a son type t bulb or can it be a son type e bulb instead. I am also unsure what the internal and external ignitor means and if this unit requires one.

Thanks

Liam

hi mate, been a while since ive messed with these but here goes... internal ignitor, i believe this means that the lamp itself has control gear inside to ignite the gases, and [E] external means that the control gear to ignite the gases is withing the light fittings casing.
i woudlnt recommend sticking bigger bulbs in as they control gear will be rated accordingley to that wattage etc.
sodiums generally arnt that great for excellent flooding, why not just replace the fittings for some metal halide fittings, if its supreme clear flooding i think these are they way to go. again i may be wrong with some of these comments, and some one will put me right if thats the case

cheers

Thanks for the reply, the bulbs definetly have internal ignitors inside the bulb not the fitting, because i tried some son bulbs without an internal ignitor and the bulbs didnt light.

I have seen some 150watt metal halide fittings that will produce the white light we need, and i am just wondering how much i can expect to pay for an electrician to simply change the two fittings over. The building was fully rewired last year following full refurbishment. the fitings are on the wall, 3m up off ground level.

Manchester Area

Cheers

Liam​

It shouldn't cost a lot but charges vary enormously. I would personally be quoting you around £70 if it were me but as with everything, some will undercut and others will charge more. Gives you an idea though.

Reply to commercil floodlights question in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock