Discuss Common story can someone sign off my extension for me in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have just been messaged on facebook by someone who has had an extension and for one reason or another the spark (probably the builder) has gone AWOL and they cant get the EIC or part p notification. I am advising them that the best they would get now is an EICR unless they can get the original installer back. What do they do about part p or should they just ask building control if they will accept an EICR to sign off the build?

This seems to be happening too often it as an EICR will not inspect the wiring concealed in the fabric of the building. It is about time the LBC's start handing out fines to the person that employed who did the wiring/electrician.Names would soon be passed on unless deep pockets by those who do the work.

This seems to be happening too often it as an EICR will not inspect the wiring concealed in the fabric of the building. It is about time the LBC's start handing out fines to the person that employed who did the wiring/electrician.
I blame the Num skulls who employ the bad trades man and not put a contract in for that work. probably not got paid for the job.

some councils say if you not had your property part p tuff .
don't expect us to chase after the person who did your elecs.
I guess they are correct with this to some extent though. Compliance with building regulations is the responsibility of the property owner, sadly not a lot of property owners are aware of that and they think it is the responsibility of the installers/trades/builders. Your responsibilities | Planning Portal - https://www.planningportal.co.uk/info/200187/your_responsibilities

i suppose if it was a relatively minor piece of work and you could inspect all of it and you did all the associated tests and you felt comfortable with it and the money was right,maybe not so bad,i know i know

Reply to Common story can someone sign off my extension for me in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net