Discuss competent person scheme in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all

what is the main competent person scheme you lads/lassies are using ???

napit
elecsa
niceic ?????

can they be payed by installments and the cost to join

thanks

Rich

Hi murdoch

I was with napit 2 years a go just fancied joining niceic but they are not the cheapest and they keep getting slateted on here

I am with NICEIC but only because it is the most recognsable brand

Kind of agree with that, but The Sparks I work for don't have NICEIC Plastered anywhere & it hasn't affected them for reliability with Customers...although I once subbed with a guy who was a walking NICEIC Banner Advert! I did have a Great Chat with Tony Cable last year though (& he kept his glasses on) at an Elex Show & whilst doing my C&G I made Good use of 'The Learning Lounge' Videos so would sway me with NIC, but do like the straightforward look of Elecsa & the feedback they get...

I was with Elecsa for a year and I cant fault them at all. their tech team are superb, as are their assesors.
I'm now with the NICEIC and to tell you the truth, I should have done this earlier !
Again the assesor was great and so have been all the people at the NIC.
Also, it has helped be get more work, as people know of the NIC rather than Elecsa.

The initial cost for assessment was £550.00 approx and then £450.00 for membership,
Then every year is £400 or so.
Go NICEIC is my suggestion and recommendation, but its your decision.

sav

It boils down to personal choice and what service they can give you as a business.

I've spoken to all three of the big boys at elex shows, I was even offered a prolonged discount from the head of one of the scheme companies (not saying which one).

My personal choice is Elecsa due to their friendliness, straight forward talking, easy to deal with and I believe their the best for the area I work in.

Ps. The discount wasn't with Elecsa btw although I was tempted to save £100 with the one that offered me it. It's my money and I'll buy the goods and services that I need after researching the options. Many good reviews on this forum which did help my decision. End of the day its up to you.

so you are saying to join niceic the cost is £550 for a half day assesment and then £400 for member ship thats a lot of money when elecsa are around £450 all in

Worth checking the cost of notifing jobs as well £1.50 with ELECSA not sure about NICEIC im told £5.00 but can't comfirm, i'm with ELECSA and find them to be sound, niceic to me has a element of snobbery about it, end of the day it depends what work your going for ? . local domestic works or govement/council works, wrongly some people insist in niceic only ... Best of luck which ever route you take

Reply to competent person scheme in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock