Discuss Completed 4337/4338 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Yea it's multiple choice
in my opinion it's very easy to pass.
was hoping my employer was going to put me through 2394/2395, not quite sure weather or not the eal version will show the same level of competence to maybe a future employer.

It does I suppose but what worries me is the fact the centre I did it at basically guaranteed u a pass through free re-tak. if you fail.
There were two other guys on my course and one had no training as an electrician whatsover and his knowledge was pretty poor by all accounts but the tutor even helped him through his practical assessment which I found worrying.
proving basically that the course is for almost anymore and anyone can pass which is a joke.

Yes, yes, I'm sure it will, I mean, it commands the same level of knowledge to pass doesn't it.

Don't be bloody daft!! How the hell does an open book examination command the same level of knowledge as a closed book examination???

I doubt if any future employer that knows the difference between C&G and EAL qualifications will give the EAL open book exams the time of day with regards to accepting them as being ''Meaningful''qualifications....

I’ve just read this

We have chosen to deliver this Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification over the City and Guilds 2394 as you will be able to complete all of your practical and written/online exams at the end of your 5 day Course.

This is not the case with the City and Guilds where you will be required in the best case scenario to return to the training centre the following Wednesday or Thursday for the written exam after you have completed your course which potentially could cost you more money in travel, prove inconvenient and affect your ability to pass the exam (see City & Guilds examiners report).

The worst case Scenario could be that you wait up to 2 months after your course to complete the written exam as the Guilds only run them quarterly which could impact significantly upon your result. As the old training adage says “use it or lose it”! The EAL qualification is equally well recognised amongst the Government approved part p schemes as the City and Guilds and has been awarding qualifications since 1964.

The only way your going to stop this nonsense, is have any official bodies refuse to recognise these courses/qualifications.

If this crap continues, pretty soon UK qualifications will start being viewed by the rest of the world on par with 3rd World countries!!!

I agree with engineer54 on the fact that it does make mockery of the qualifications especially when you have tutors basically doing the practical side of the course for them, although I do think the eal have the right idea in allowing able candidates to complete the course in 5 days the practical and fault finding are the same as c&g, I just think they need to implement an exam of what I would deem level 3 (ie internal written exam) because that is what I believe is lacking to seperate those with no knowledge or experience and those who do have the knowledge and put in the hours in revising bringing the so called 100% pass rate down.

Don't be bloody daft!! How the hell does an open book examination command the same level of knowledge as a closed book examination???

I doubt if any future employer that knows the difference between C&G and EAL qualifications will give the EAL open book exams the time of day with regards to accepting them as being ''Meaningful''qualifications....

Do you understand sarcasm?

hi pal,
Did mine at Charnwood college mate a company called East Midlands technical training.
if you need any more info give us a shout pal

Hi, there my friends! Today is my first time here in this forum and I kinda like a lot! I would like ho help me guys because I have some difficulties trying to find the correct information! I have recentlty passed my EAL 4337+4338 combined courses! What do I need to have ( apart from the 17th edition & Megger that I both have) in order to start working as an approved inspector and tester? Which awarding body should I register with? ( NICEIC, ECA,) ? Any info or website is welcomed ! Thank you ;)

Reply to Completed 4337/4338 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock