Discuss Completing an installation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

BeeJayEff

DIY
Reaction score
I have a partially completed installation of solar PV. The panels and inverters are working fine and generating plenty of power (13kWp), but I am aware of 4 issues :

1) G99 Fast Track was applied for and permission granted to go ahead with the installation; the DNO letter included the following text :
1657798310288.png

As far as I am aware, no commissioning form etc have been submitted by the installer to the DNO. Certainly Octopus cannot get an MPAN from WPD due to incomplete paperwork.

2) Assuming the above letter means that the system needs to be export-limited (to 3.68kW ?) then presumably a CT clamp is needed. There is none.

3) The MCS certificate is incorrect in terms of the Total Installed and Declared Net capacity figures. There may be other mistakes.

4) I have no schematic of the system; there may be other omissions.

The original installers are not responding to my communications so I have been trying to find another company who would be prepared to complete the work; most either do not bother to respond to my enquiry or say they would not touch it. Is there anybody here who would be prepared to take on the task, or can recommend someone ? Costs (within reason !) should not be an issue as they will be deducted from the outstanding invoice from the original installer.

Is there battery storage?, is the an export limiting box ?
Are there any Cts anywhere external to the inverter ?
Make, model No of panels, make model of inverter, make model of battery system if there is one.
Are you sure WPG have stated an export limit in KW or are they limiting to KWh and expecting an export meter. Lots of questions i know but Solar is very technology specific in term of training required and possible passwords used -so its not that easy to just get someone to rock up and make it compliant. Also Solar is mental at the moment so hard to get people or supplies.

And have you raised a complaint with MCS?

You need to take legal advice first, or at least Citizens Advice, you cannot just get another contractor in and deduct their costs from an outstanding invoice.

The reason no-one else will touch it is because it could get very messy legally.

Is there battery storage?, is the an export limiting box ?
Are there any Cts anywhere external to the inverter ?
Make, model No of panels, make model of inverter, make model of battery system if there is one.
Are you sure WPG have stated an export limit in KW or are they limiting to KWh and expecting an export meter. Lots of questions i know but Solar is very technology specific in term of training required and possible passwords used -so its not that easy to just get someone to rock up and make it compliant. Also Solar is mental at the moment so hard to get people or supplies.
I appreciate all that but don't really want to put all the details here in the public domain. If I can identify someone who I can have confidence in then I'm happy to go through the installation with them, at my cost for their time. Just one point - the letter from WPD is as I included in my post. No other mention of an export limit other than what is there.

Reply to Completing an installation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net