Discuss Completion of EIC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

BristolSpark

The senario is. You have installed a new ring circuit in a domestic dwelling on an existing board with several other circuits. Do you have to complete an EIC for the new circuit only or do you detil the other circuts and test those also and then complete the EIC.

Cheers Guys

Hi and welcome...

If you are installing a new circuit to an existing installation, earthing and bonding must be up to date, and your new circuit must also be installed to the latest regs ie RCD 30mA etc.

On the schedule of test results you just fill out way 7 for example, with all the details and leave the rest blank.

Also, make sure you detail EXACTLY what you have installed and what the cert covers.:)

thanks for the reply. I have just passed my 2391. I hav not had much experience form filling. So kind of digging around for info. Boss aint much help.

The board is all upto date as we gave it a previous EIC. I was curious on whether I would have to retest the whole thing after adding the new circuit and record results for new circuit plus previous circuits again.

for curiosity. If you did a board change only is that a periodic inspection first then a EIC for all circuits after the board has been installed.

Cheers again

If you are upgrading a consumer unit, ideally, a PIR would highlight any problems with the existing installation.

Once the CU is changed then an installation certificate is required with a full set of test results.

Mark the EIC with exactly what its for and then notify the job.

If you were registered with Napit they do a single circuit installation certificate for this very purpose
All information required on a simple to fill single sheet form
When I do an eic for a single circuit addition to an existing consumer unit It seems to be more informative if the full circuit chart is also listed allthough no testing of those circuits would be required so nothing to fill in
The reason being that the max demand can be estimated better in case of further heavy load additions by others after your addition

Reply to Completion of EIC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock