Discuss Computer Test Cert Software for Mac OS X in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

elitesparks

Hi,

I've been looking around google for ages trying if find a Mac version of Amtech or Castline, and have yet to find anything for then the PDF's for the IET website.

Just wanted to know it you guys had found anything.

Thanks for your help

Paul

Yer that was kinda the outcome I had. Was looking at doing something with filemaker, so at least that way it stays cross-platform should I need it.

im struggling with the same too. i ended up buying a PC laptop just to run some software. i did also consider getting a program written for OSX but also considered an additional item in the form of an App for the Iphone/Ipad etc that would be handy for onsite form filling and then it just syncs with the program on the Desktop/Macbook.. the main program including the usual business software/diary/accounts etc.

What program are using for the PC, also if anyone out there knows any good software dev then I would like to talk to them about writing something maybe in filemaker so I can use the filemaker app on my iPhone / iPad.

I use Mac OSX. The best thing i have found is MS office for MAC. Then you can run any of the windows based software. It may cost a few quid, but the printed out certs and forms are impressive, a lot better quality than using a PC.

I dont know about that. I bought a CD off ebay with all the certs etc etc on it for about £15. Shoved the CD into the mac and away we went. is the stuff you use downloaded from tester onto computer? if so contact manufacturer, they will know.

Thanks for your help SirKit Breaker, but thats not quite what I was looking for, I wanted something a bit more advanced that not only lets me do test sheets but also can help with planning, invoicing and cable calcs.

I emailed amtech about this and they say they have no compatible software and are not looking in doing an OSX friendly version for the forseeable future, they recommend running windows operating software on my IMac and MacBook pro! No thanks. I know have a normal boring laptop with windows 7 purely for my niceic software, whoever adresses this problem for mac compatibilty will be very rich!

Thanks for your help SirKit Breaker, but thats not quite what I was looking for, I wanted something a bit more advanced that not only lets me do test sheets but also can help with planning, invoicing and cable calcs.

No problems mate. If you want a cheap and easy cable calculator have a look at TLC Direct's website, they have one on there that you can use free of charge, theres loads of other stuff as well like fan size calculators etc.

Cheers.........Howard

I'm thinking of including the following:-

Accounts
Stock control
Invoicing
Diary
Automatic reminder letters (PAT, PIR etc)
Test Certificates (and iPad/iPhone/iTouch compatibility)

Any other suggestions?

Would be nice to have electrical design features like amtech, I personally wouldn't use the accounts and invoicing as I have systems in place on my IMac but that just me, to have iPad,iPhone compatibility as you mentioned above would be great.

Excellent will add that to the list too. Maybe create it so that you buy the basic unit and add the modules you need? Hmm. Will have to see what this is going to cost! Lol

Thanks Festerfly I would personally interested in what you come up with, not sure if trying to include Amtech type design may be a bridge to far, after all amtech have spent year working on there design product. But maybe a simple cable size calc would be helpful. And maybe include auto look up tables to fill in stuff like max Zs reedings in certs for example.

You could install parallels for mac or vmware and then install a copy of windows, then you can use any windows software on your mac, works very well for me I am using easycert

Reply to Computer Test Cert Software for Mac OS X in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock