Discuss Computerised Cerificates in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

petegibbons

Does anyone have a package for issuing computerised certificates that they would recommend. I currently have a Castline system but I am thinking of upgrading, I want it to do all the following:

Print all NIC certificates.
Keep records on file of certs issued.
Offer the facility to email certs.

I would also be very interested in a system that meant I could print NIC certs on to normal paper and not have to purchase blank certs. I was going to go for an Amtech system but I am not sure which one.

Any advice???

Bought a disc off E-bay for £12.50. Was't expecting much but thought i'd give it a go. Got to say i'm realy impressed.Will have a look for the details and post a link!

This ones pretty good and you can do a trial I think before you buy.

The certs look very professional when printed out onto plain paper.

Tysoft - EasyCert

Warren

Hi, I use Powersuite On-Site (or did until 17th) it can be a bit pricey but bluetooths results direct from Megger to Cert on the laptop, can be emailed, ammended and keeps a record without the need for reams of paper. I haven't priced up the 17th ed one yet (if its out) but the old one was about £180.

Bought a disc off E-bay for £12.50. Was't expecting much but thought i'd give it a go. Got to say i'm realy impressed.Will have a look for the details and post a link!
Dazza would also be interested if you had link for ebay certs cheers

This ones pretty good and you can do a trial I think before you buy.

The certs look very professional when printed out onto plain paper.

Tysoft - EasyCert

Warren
Warren which package did you purchase with the easy cert and also warren do you know do i have to be registered to any (nic select etc)to carry out testing or do i just need this for bigger firms who want this i am competent and qualified i have c&g2391 and bs7671 which i am going to up to c&g2381 or can anyone else help me out here thinking of starting up myself which eventually i will go down the line of nic etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dazza would also be interested if you had link for ebay certs cheers

Warren which package did you purchase with the easy cert and also warren do you know do i have to be registered to any (nic select etc)to carry out testing or do i just need this for bigger firms who want this i am competent and qualified i have c&g2391 and bs7671 which i am going to up to c&g2381 or can anyone else help me out here thinking of starting up myself which eventually i will go down the line of nic etc.

City Spark, I tried out the trial of easycert to see how good it was.

There are different packages for different certs. If you just want basic certs you could probably go for the basic (cheapest package) however could be cheaper taking Dazza69's route?

In regard to testing, you have your C&G 2391 right? I beleive that you will need to have your C&G2382 (17th Edition) to test. I am probably not the best person to ask about this maybe Shakey can comment as I beleive he teaches the C&G2391 and may be able to give you pointers?

You will need to be a member of a scheme, NICEIC, NAPIT, etc if you want to self certify your own certificates in domestic properties under Part P of the Building Regulations.

Last edited by a moderator:
City Spark, I tried out the trial of easycert to see how good it was.

There are different packages for different certs. If you just want basic certs you could probably go for the basic (cheapest package) however could be cheaper taking Dazza69's route?

In regard to testing, you have your C&G 2391 right? I beleive that you will need to have your C&G2382 (17th Edition) to test. I am probably not the best person to ask about this maybe Shakey can comment as I beleive he teaches the C&G2391 and may be able to give you pointers?

You will need to be a member of a scheme, NICEIC, NAPIT, etc if you want to self certify your own certificates in domestic properties under Part P of the Building Regulations.
Thanks again warren
Yes i do have c&g2391 and also bs7671 16th ed would do 2382 i am in Scotland and i think am right in saying that part p doesn't apply to scotland just yet My thoughts are trying to build up a business of mainly testing but installations to keep money coming whilst still working with current emplyer as i will have to fund this venture do you think this can work or will i have to devote all my time to starting up alone once again thanks warren
Computerised Cerificates {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks again warren
Yes i do have c&g2391 and also bs7671 16th ed would do 2382 i am in Scotland and i think am right in saying that part p doesn't apply to scotland just yet My thoughts are trying to build up a business of mainly testing but installations to keep money coming whilst still working with current emplyer as i will have to fund this venture do you think this can work or will i have to devote all my time to starting up alone once again thanks warren
Computerised Cerificates {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

What has Part P got to do with 2382?

2382 has now superceded 2381 wherever you live in the country, 2382 was not just changed for Part P!:eek:

What has Part P got to do with 2382?

2382 has now superceded 2381 wherever you live in the country, 2382 was not just changed for Part P!:eek:
Ian if you had read all of what myself and warren were talking about you would have realized i was not saying part p had anything at all to do with 2382 permalink#6

Here you go guys. Have a look at these on E-bay. I have the older version at present but have just purchased the new one for £12.99. I cant' fault them they look really good. It may take a little time to find a quick way to fill in the forms but once you do they only take a few minutes. Here' the link http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsp4rky317
Sorry for the delay in posting the link, been a little preoccupied!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Here you go guys. Have a look at these on E-bay. I have the older version at present but have just purchased the new one for £12.99. I cant' fault them they look really good. It may take a little time to find a quick way to fill in the forms but once you do they only take a few minutes. Here' the link http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsp4rky317
Sorry for the delay in posting the link, been a little preoccupied!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do these work Daz??

I am an NICEIC contractor and my customers want an NIC certificate. D o I have to print onto blank computer certificates like I am doing now, which I purchase off the NIC.

Do I print one of your certs onto standard paper and put a NIC badge onto them, if this is the case are they automatically numbered??

How do these work Daz??

I am an NICEIC contractor and my customers want an NIC certificate. D o I have to print onto blank computer certificates like I am doing now, which I purchase off the NIC.

Do I print one of your certs onto standard paper and put a NIC badge onto them, if this is the case are they automatically numbered??

Pete I bought some off a company on ebay called National Certs to give them a try.

ELECTRICAL TEST CERTIFICATES 17th EDITION BS 7671 on eBay, also Meters, Test Measurement Equipment, Electrical Test Equipment, Business, Office Industrial (end time 15-Nov-08 23:43:08 GMT)

If they are a simliar, you have to install open office (comes with disc) and when the certs open up you have boxes for entering your details. On some of the boxes there are drop downs to enter details, which is handy for the schedules.

They are basically designed to the NICEIC so should be straight forward to you.

If you have a company logo you want to include they can do it for you before they send the dics at no extra cost. Speak to Keith over email.

I wanted blue certificates as my company logo is mainly blue. They made some up for me to include my company logo.

Just print onto plain paper. They do look very professional.

Hope this helps!

Warren

Hi Pete. Yes these print straight onto plain paper. You can put the NIC logo on, there is a folder on the disc with loads of different logos but no they don't number themselves.

Reply to Computerised Cerificates in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock