Discuss Concealed Power Supply in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

What happens if it is broken - (may have been asked already) - is there any electric shock risk?
I would have thought that if supplied by an isolating transformer, the shock risk would be negligible if the output is not ground referenced.

in my opinion, the most dangerous electrical fitting in most houses is the good old BC lamp holder. possible to access live terminals without any special tool by untrained people often working in the dark.

Round that neck of the woods they are most likely to be on the outside and made of metal ;)

Most of ours are plywood, so I instead of washing them I just sand them down every now and again.

I would have thought that if supplied by an isolating transformer, the shock risk would be negligible if the output is not ground referenced.

in my opinion, the most dangerous electrical fitting in most houses is the good old BC lamp holder. possible to access live terminals without any special tool by untrained people often working in the dark.

I was thinking the exact same thing at the weekend, whilst stopping my daughter from putting her hand under a shade to switch a table lamp on with nowt in the lamp holder.
Which reminds me, there is something I need to do.

Reply to Concealed Power Supply in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock