Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Concern re 3 Phase imbalance in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

marconi

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

DIYPete: The supplier I use does not deal with SOLAX products nor know anything about their functional niceties such as if only one, just two or all three supply phases suffer a power cut. Nor what would happen if one phase is maintained by a Power Wall.

Sometime, if you have a power cut and the energy of the sun is being harvested, you could check the power outputs of the 3 inverters in the SOLAX.

I suspect that during a power cut even if the sun is shining L1 is only energised by the Powerwall.

I'd be interested to know what happens.

Marconi

Have not forgotten your request to check inverter in outage situation. Friend standing by on our web portal when we power down but page refreshing times are somewhat slow and, although the graph showing incoming PV dips to '0' power across the phases does not change.

Will try again (friend now going out) next sunny day and let you know.

Pete

Marconi
Ref. Solax X3 Inverter - state of phases with power cut.
As requested have now tried cutting power to our inverter. A friend was logged in to our web portal at the time the power was cut. All 3 phases went down and there was no power being produced.

The web portal simply recorded - 'No information available' against 'Real Time Display' with no incoming PV showing on the graphic display.

I checked the display on the inverter and a similar story there (see att.).

Hope that helps, let me know if the inf. provided is incomplete.
Once again, thany you for your assistance.
Pete

Attachments

• Solax Inverter Readout 10 11 2020.jpg
    Solax Inverter Readout 10 11 2020.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1

Reply to Concern re 3 Phase imbalance in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net