Discuss Concrete (or similar) ducting to negate 750mm dig in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I've been asked to install an additional garden lighting bollard to an entrance drive. All block paving and decorative borders so I'm keen to avoid embarking on a digging exercise and the customer isn't keen either ;-).

Any suggestions for suitable alternatives? Concrete cable trough, etc. etc. There must be a product out there that offers sufficient protection...

Thanks

Concrete or GRP. I doubt either will be cheap and add an industrial look - so long as the customer doesn't mind?

I think you'd need to give some more information (cable(s) sizes, distances etc and possibly a photo or 2 to get more help/information

additional garden lighting bollard to an entrance
1160529325923.jpg
try one of these saves putting in cables .

Overhead cable? Disguised as Christmas decoration support?

Without knowing a lot more of the circumstances,it is impossible to advise.
What i am certain of,though,is there are a lot of commercial enterprises out there,who want the fancy omelette,but are too handy at instructing the qualified chef,not to break any eggs.

A rule of thumb,i have always gone off,is that any supply/containment,should at the bare minimum,have the longevity,of the supplied item.

Illuminated bollards? What's next? Phones with no cord???

....Where will it end...;)

Reply to Concrete (or similar) ducting to negate 750mm dig in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock