Discuss Condenser Dryer Exhaust pump issue in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Currently experiencing a problem with a Bosch WTL 5400 condenser dryer : the drainage pump is not powerful enough to pump any water up to the internal water tank but is just about enough to get water out the exhaust pipe (you can manually switch which one to use) if the pipe goes vertically downwards to the wall drainage outlet. There is no blockage in any of the pipes and the pump itself is clean.

What can cause a pump too reduce the pressure it is pumping so drastically? Is the ac motor worn? Or could the current through it be being limited below normal somehow? I can't see any damage to any of the circuitry.

Cheers

I presume the pump is only designed to pump any water out of the dryer, not up any distance. To do that the pump would have to be bigger, therefore costing more.
What distance are you trying to pump the water?
What size pipe are you using?

I presume the pump is only designed to pump any water out of the dryer, not up any distance. To do that the pump would have to be bigger, therefore costing more.
What distance are you trying to pump the water?
What size pipe are you using?
my understanding, right or wrong, is that the water vapour condenses in the water tank, not that water is condensed then pumped.

my understanding, right or wrong, is that the water vapour condenses in the water tank, not that water is condensed then pumped.

I will bow to your knowledge on this mate.. I don't have a condensing dryer...

I will bow to your knowledge on this mate.. I don't have a condensing dryer...
i may be wrong.all i know is that wet washing goes in, dry washing comes out, and there's water in the tank. saves the need to bore a 6" hole in the outside wall.

i may be wrong.all i know is that wet washing goes in, dry washing comes out, and there's water in the tank. saves the need to bore a 6" hole in the outside wall.

I have a normal drying in the garage and the outlet pipe is connected to one of those water bucket things....

Currently experiencing a problem with a Bosch WTL 5400 condenser dryer : the drainage pump is not powerful enough to pump any water up to the internal water tank but is just about enough to get water out the exhaust pipe (you can manually switch which one to use) if the pipe goes vertically downwards to the wall drainage outlet. There is no blockage in any of the pipes and the pump itself is clean.

What can cause a pump too reduce the pressure it is pumping so drastically? Is the ac motor worn? Or could the current through it be being limited below normal somehow? I can't see any damage to any of the circuitry.

Cheers
Impeller down the toilet, busted, defunked it is no more.

I've a B condensenser dryer and I've had it disembowelled twice now. Third time it's off to the recycle I reckon. It does suffer from the designers attempting to make it self cleaning, which in a dryer is just not going to happen long term. Is yours one of these with the double lint filter at the front? And does it stop running and report tank full, when it's not?

I refer to 'water tank' as the reservoir where water can be stored for the user to empty after a cycle. The water vapour condenses in the heat exchange filter at the base of the dryer, then is pumped either out the hose or up to the reservoir tank.

Okay so I think I've found the problem - I compared an image of a new water pump for this model to the one I have. It appears that part of the enclosure which goes over the pump blades is missing, which could definitely explain a reduction in pump pressure.

Lesson Learned : If one suspects an issue with a component, compare it to a new one to check it is as it should be!

Reply to Condenser Dryer Exhaust pump issue in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net