• Please don't put your personal contact details in this area of the forum. These are public threads and everybody will see them. Including spammers. Even dodgy companies who cold call you. Instead of doing that, click on a persons username and click 'Start Conversation' and share those details between yourselves. :)

Discuss Conduit Bender in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bit of a trek though, 6 odd hour round trip and that's provided you don't get caught in traffic with people glued to the road
surely you could arrange for courier pick up.

surely you could arrange for courier pick up.

Depends on who's selling it. Some people are happy with that sort of arrangement and some don't want to know. Unlike deliveries, no courier will give anything more specific than a day for collection. It means someone being available until whatever time they turn up to collect - that's if they turn up when booked.

Depends on who's selling it. Some people are happy with that sort of arrangement and some don't want to know. Unlike deliveries, no courier will give anything more specific than a day for collection. It means someone being available until whatever time they turn up to collect - that's if they turn up when booked.
I got lucky with mine as they were fine with it, so long as I did thr legwork arranging it ?

Ultimate goal is to replicate this

Screenshot_20211105-131501_Facebook.jpg

I have arranged courier pick up a few times with conduit benders, cheap as it goes and no problem if the seller can be in which has been ok most times. About £30. They just need to strap it together with cable ties basically so nothing moves and the address attached with a label has been done and worked fine.

I have arranged courier pick up a few times with conduit benders, cheap as it goes and no problem if the seller can be in which has been ok most times. About £30. They just need to strap it together with cable ties basically so nothing moves and the address attached with a label has been done and worked fine.
To Be fair most will have a lockable transport position, I didn't know about it until I saw it but not a bad shout on the zipties ? Reminds me I need some R clips

IDEAL Electrical is best bender I’ve used to date. Good weight and nice balance. Despite this bender’s higher price, I would still recommend it if you’re looking for something that will last you through many years and projects. If you’re someone who values reliability, then I suggest that you go for this bender.

IDEAL Electrical is best bender I’ve used to date. Good weight and nice balance. Despite this bender’s higher price, I would still recommend it if you’re looking for something that will last you through many years and projects. If you’re someone who values reliability, then I suggest that you go for this bender.

You mean the USA style hand bender (half moon former on the end of a tube), if so that's really only suitable for emt , for normal thickness conduit it really isn't strong enough, they quite quickly fail/bend along the tube.

Also it doesn't give proper bends, as there is no guide/control on the end of the conduit, hence holding the conduit far enough away to get the leverage results in an arc in the conduit immediately after the bend.

They can get away with this in the USA as their conduit is just thin emt, so sufficiently week that it doesn't deform.

I did and that was the answer. You can’t use the van for private miles.
In which case they need to provide you with a bender - they can't have it both ways!!

Ultimate goal is to replicate this

View attachment 91765
Awhh. I love conduit work and haven't done any for years. My bender occasionally peeks out at me from a corner of my workshop going "Remember me?!"

Not getting rid of it, though - when I finally get around to converting our stable block into a new home office it's going to be conduit all the way due to the risk of mice getting in the wall cavities!

That’s a good idea. I may see if I can get it in white. Is it IP rated?
Only ever seen black plastic or galv flexi-conduit

I use it from time to time to get over awkward situations where bending pipe is simply a pain in the butt

you can get IP rated glands and boxes

selling off a load of hand tools, no longer needed due to retirement. forum willnot allow me to ost a new thread for some reason so this is my first offer.:

Wiha toru=que handle for fit the intercahangeable bits. sameas a in the attached oic. but only the top and middle items. not electric ver
1657272585036.png
sion.

Sorry to hear that you are throwing in the towel Tel , but everyone does one day

My dad packed up a few years ago after nearly 50 years in the trade and to be honest he doesn't miss it one bit and is happy now pottering around the garden

#Enjoylife

selling off a load of hand tools, no longer needed due to retirement. forum willnot allow me to ost a new thread for some reason so this is my first offer.:

Wiha toru=que handle for fit the intercahangeable bits. sameas a in the attached oic. but only the top and middle items. not electric verView attachment 99252sion.

Sorry to hear that you’ve come off the tools Tel. I would be interested in some tools if you want to send me a DM.

I have a new boxed seaward PP1 proving unit for sale, sensible offers. RRP £145

Attachments

• pu pic1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 10
  • pu pic2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 8

Reply to Conduit Bender in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net