Discuss conduit cutters in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
What type do you use, had a set of one handed silverline, ok lasted 18 months, treated my self to some ck ratched type, cut 20 lengths 20mm and 1 length 25mm trunking, tried some 25mm today wont cut, just bending. Also find them hard to use as need to open with two hands and ratchet mechanism very big notches to close (small hands and arthritis) taking them back tomorrow for my hard earned cash back

Have a pair by CK, and after years of use, still going strong. Have normal 20/25mm and special 27mm we bought for air sampling pipe.

i started off with a monument pair and they were great, im using a ck pair now
and there good, works on conduit and mini trunking

this is the one ive got

ujy5y6es.jpg

Search Results - Edwardes

Best thing I've used for cutting plastic tube I think, straight cuts and no tiny little bits of plastic everywhere that are impossible to get out of carpet

We use these, really good for circular conduit (similar to the rothenberger 32mm & 40mm plastic waste pipe cutters plumbers use). They do give a lovely straight clean cut.

Plumbers plastic pipe cutters are good for small trunking - no ratchet but the blade has to be sharp and angle of cut right, good for conduit (rotate it as cutting).

Hacksaw for bigger stuff.

Junior hacksaw every time, no ratchets to break, no ****ing about and a nice cut every time, conduit cutters are like those armour slice tools just something else to take up space in your tool bag that you don't really need

I bought an amtech ratchet 32mm jaw (I think) when I was doing my 2330 about 3 years ago. Only cost £5 new and still going strong today!

Reply to conduit cutters in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
I am continuing my practising today and am trying to get 2 x 2.5mm into oval conduit. It's not as easy as I thought it would be. First of all I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Have some trouble here. So I'm doing terminations at work and using side cutters, usually on 1.5mm or 2.5mm. Seems to happen more with...
Replies
Views
Background I'm running some low voltage cable (e.g. CAT6A data cable; coax cable; HDMI cable and speaker cable) to a number of rooms of the house...
Replies
Views
Hopefully someone wiser than me can help explain some odd measurements I’ve taken at my own home. This is a long read, I’ve tried to give as much...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock