Discuss conduit saddle question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

h901

-
Reaction score
hi, it's me again with another conduit question....

when using distance or hospital saddles on a steel conduit run, is there something that needs to be put behind the boxes to keep it level with the conduit (if that makes sense), because these saddles cause a big space between the wall and the actual conduit (compared with spacer saddles)

thanks

Not that I know of you might have to use offsets or fit adaptable boxes which you can make your own knock outs in.

when using distance or hospital saddles on a steel conduit run, is there something that needs to be put behind the boxes to keep it level with the conduit (if that makes sense), because these saddles cause a big space between the wall and the actual conduit (compared with spacer saddles)

thanks
Why are you using Hospital Saddles? or is your question just for interests sake?

thanks
Just set into it.

I hope I am not teaching you to suck eggs, if I am I apologise.
Hospital saddles used to be mandatory in hospitals as the staff needed to clean behind them!! So sets to every thing, used to be a right pain. Going back many years here just after my apprenticeship.

I hope I am not teaching you to suck eggs, if I am I apologise.
Hospital saddles used to be mandatory in hospitals as the staff needed to clean behind them!! So sets to every thing, used to be a right pain. Going back many years here just after my apprenticeship.
Yes?

How did they clean behind the conduit where it entered the boxes?

I believe the main function of the hospital saddle is to stop dirt gathering on the saddle itself,its curved to prevent it accumulating so that any dust falls to the floor
I suppose the gap between the conduit and the wall makes it easier to clean but saddle shape is the important bit

Why are you using Hospital Saddles? or is your question just for interests sake?

i'm just asking for interests sake, i've been using distance saddles like the pic below (i prefer the way they look)

conduit saddle question {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Reply to conduit saddle question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock