Discuss Conduit Support in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Looking for some advice if anyone can help.

I've been asked to install sockets in a new build business unit. The company deals with software imaging - lots of computing power but no machinery, tools, etc.

The place is pretty much a standard build with a number of heavyweight vertical RSJ's cross-hatched with U-shaped, mild steel beams onto which a potential plasterboard wall could be fixed. The client is leaving this open, though, so I was hoping to hole-cut through the steel beams and run a 20mm plastic conduit through from one end to the other in an L-shape from the CU on one wall a total length of around 20m.

I'm running a radial circuit for four twin sockets as they are all being placed on this one run. Trouble is, the regs say that rigid plastic conduit has to be supported at 1.5m intervals for a horizontal run, and there's approx. 2m space between these. So, i'm considering fixing a 3x1/2" wooden plate along the length of the wall on top of the steel uprights and then fixing the conduit to that. Steel conduit or tray are options, but I'm trying to keep the price as keen as I can. Can anyone suggest another method?

Thanks

Must be a new regulation that as it is not in mine

Also as you say that this radial is going to be provided for IT equipment do you think that your radial design of 4mm conductors and I assume that is a 4mm CPC and not perhaps even a 2.5mm is perhaps the best

Reply to Conduit Support in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock