Discuss Conduit **** in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

LeeH

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Working in a factory which has a spec of conduit. Up to 50mm conduits all over the place with very little forms of other containment.

No idea why, but a nice steady job for the outfit doing it all.

Conduit **** {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Last edited:
Is that in a cereal factory, spent a few years installing 2 inch tube. Use hydraulic bender and pipe threader with conduit dies. Had to measure the piston length to keep all the bends the same.
You can get 70 X 1.5 singles down 1 tube

Is that in a cereal factory, spent a few years installing 2 inch tube. Use hydraulic bender and pipe threader with conduit dies. Had to measure the piston length to keep all the bends the same.

It might well be! Some of your handiwork maybe.

Near Trafford Dave?

Very swish. My boss and I were in a similar place last week, but they had traywork above the ceiling with individual conduit drops for machines.

You would think there would be a much easier alternative that all that pipe work, I wonder why it wasn't done with tray or something.

Yes there is always an easier alternative, but that doesn't make it better or even suitable.

I'm sure someone had a very good reason for spending goodness only knows how long doing that pipework when they could have done it in trunking in maybe a quarter of the time.
Maybe it needs the impact resistance or good screening of each bunch of cables that conduit provides?

Reply to Conduit **** in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock