Discuss Confused - no electrian I contact wants to rewire my kitchen in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

marshr02

Ok - I may be shot down in flames, but here goes:

I'm a qualified electrician (C&G 2381,91), but have another day job. I've chased out boxes & cable runs while posting on these forums. I want to employ someone for reasonable money to come & rewire my kitchen & post Part P forms.

I can't get anyone to come along - I've not even discussed money.

I'm really confused & slightly ****ed off. Because I've dug some grooves in brick it seems the electricians I've approached are sticking their noses up.

Anyone interested in rewiring my kitchen & updating my CU to 17th edition - in Brighton area? Chasing out already done. Feel free to modify if I've not done this correctly :rolleyes:

why dont you just notify building control

Because that should be done before work commences and the fee paid upfront.

I would, but its a bit far from Dorset, unless you wanna pay for digs:D

Thing is, i dont understand why a local sparks wouldnt want wire it in and replace the cu etc.

Sounds to me like you have done all the hard work!

Did any of them give you any reasons why they didnt want to?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes jason i understand but my question if he is qualified why cant he notify now
he has not started.
taking old circuits out and some chasing may have been done .
but no installation of circuits or new cu so he could notify now

yes jason i understand but my question if he is qualified why cant he notify now
he has not started.
taking old circuits out and some chasing may have been done .
but no installation of circuits or new cu so he could notify now

Good point. I agree.

wow - quick replies. Cheers.

No reasons given for not wanting work - just usual story of not replying once initial contact.

Could notify Building Control - but I'm quite busy with the day job and happy to pay someone. That's what gets me, i'm happy to pay someone but no one seems bothered.

I would say I'm an A1 customer. Always pay up on the day, lots of cups of tea. clear the work area, do any donkey work...

Anyhow thanks for the replies. I thought I'd get shot down. I'll try again. All the other trades are approaching me for any spare work I can pass their way.... (I do a lot of building work)

Hi Marshr02
Sorry to hear your having trouble getting your work done sounds a good job ! irll be supprised if you dont get a responce on here could also try Gumtree its a good little site i go on reading gumtree and im sure your have one that covers your area best go on gumtree and goto cities etc.
Good Luck !
Regards
Kung.

Hey.

I'd have thought people would be greatful for work in this current climate, particularly with all the chopping out done.

Strange:confused:

Slightly overwhelmed by all the positive responses, thanks.

Will keep trying, down here. Out of interest what's a reasonable daily rate - one that someone is happy to work for that is? or do people prefer to charge by the job?

Slightly overwhelmed by all the positive responses, thanks.

Will keep trying, down here. Out of interest what's a reasonable daily rate - one that someone is happy to work for that is? or do people prefer to charge by the job?

Day rates can vary a fair bit, and these are generally used for when it could prove difficult to quote because of the nature of the job.

Across the coast here they range from between 150 - 200 per day plus materials.

But as the economy is not at its best, you may get someone cheaper.

What you must remember is, day work could be more expensive, as there would be no profit in the job, and so rates are increased to allow for a little.

maybe its the fact you have done sum of the work and people dont think its worth taking the job on as they wont be able to charge the amount they had in mind

also they might think you are off rouge traders lol trying to catch sum 1 out

just kidding hope you get the work done

Thanks folks for all the responses. Got quite a few PMs, once I worked out what a PM was and checked :)

I've got someone sorted, to save anyone the bother of PMs - so thanks again.

I guess the sparks this way are short on the ground...

I only told people I was qualified, because quite rightly most queried why I had a detailed view on what was required for 17th edition update.

Hi marshr02, I live in Brighton and am Part P qualified. Did you find somebody in the end? If not, give me a reply and I'll give you my number. Thanks.

Nick

I'm a qualified electrician (C&G 2381,91), but have another day job. I've chased out boxes & cable runs while posting on these forums. I want to employ someone for reasonable money to come & rewire my kitchen & post Part P forms.

I'm really confused & slightly ****ed off. Because I've dug some grooves in brick it seems the electricians I've approached are sticking their noses up.

Anyone interested in rewiring my kitchen & updating my CU to 17th edition - in Brighton area? Chasing out already done. Feel free to modify if I've not done this correctly :rolleyes:

Sorry, only read page 1, didn't see the other posts.

Nick

Reply to Confused - no electrian I contact wants to rewire my kitchen in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock