Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Confused old duffer in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bestdadyo

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi
Just stumbled across your site, looks great! I qualified as a sparks way back in 1975 at Oxford tech college. Sometimes I tell people "I studied at Oxford" just to see the reaction on there face as they think he looks to thick to be a Oxford graduate, yeah who cares!
To cut a long story short I have been out of the game for a while and would like to get back in possibly in the test & insection side on a part time basis. I have been thinking of taking C&G2392 and then 2391 but am unclear where I could go from there (hence the title!)
NICEIC seem to be geared up for self certification also CORGI seem to be in the game. Can anyone please help or do I need to be certified myself under the mental health act!

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
W

WarrenG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi
Just stumbled across your site, looks great! I qualified as a sparks way back in 1975 at Oxford tech college. Sometimes I tell people "I studied at Oxford" just to see the reaction on there face as they think he looks to thick to be a Oxford graduate, yeah who cares!
To cut a long story short I have been out of the game for a while and would like to get back in possibly in the test & insection side on a part time basis. I have been thinking of taking C&G2392 and then 2391 but am unclear where I could go from there (hence the title!)
NICEIC seem to be geared up for self certification also CORGI seem to be in the game. Can anyone please help or do I need to be certified myself under the mental health act!
You haven't said if you have the 17th Edition?

Not quite sure how the schemes relate to the C&G2392 as appose the C&G2391 but you could check out the self cert schemes here:

NAPIT - Home
Welcome to ELECSA
Welcome to NICEIC, the home of electrical contracting excellence — NICEIC Group

Give them all a call for further info and an information pack.

Hope this helps!

Warren

B

bestdadyo

Many thanks, I will check these out. Do I have the 17th edition?...I think it was the 15th back in those days. I mentioned taking the 2392 first then the 2391 becuase I understand it to be a more basic version of 2391, baring in mind I have been out of the game for a while, please feel free to correct me if I have got this wrong.
All the best
bestdadyo

K

kung

The 2392 is a newish qualification and covers inspection and test upto 100A it is the fundimental principals in testing & inspection and is a good course to start although the shame thing is most people/companies/agencies havent heard of it & all companies i have worked for will not exept it as a valid qualification & thus only believe the 2391-10 to be the only test/inspection qualification even for domestics ! The 2391 is only needed for larger and more complexed installations ie multi-phase but covers all phases.
So yes 2392 then 2391-10 sound a good choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sean-uk

welcome old duffer :)

S

securityvillage

I went straight for the 2391 missing the 2392 out completely. The pass rate aint particularly good (apparently) and I'm only in my 3 week of the course. If I fail I'll wished that I'd done the 2392 first! :)

B

bestdadyo

Many thanks for your input and advice Kung and Securityvillage.It has helped me make my mind up, Iwill try the 2392 first and see if I can get back into learning mode again!
Cheers Derrick

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Confused old duffer in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom