Discuss Confused in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chrisjh

I am looking to start training in September to be a Spark and have looked at a few colleges

One college offers the 2330 level 2 i believe over 2 years, 2 evenings a week

The other college offers a course called Building Services Studies - Electricial Installations
Course summary - This one year course will allow you to gain theoretical and practical knowledge of the building services sector of the construction industry, with a focus on Electricial Installations. You will study at either 1 or 2 depending on GCSE grades. Units of study include: Health and safety, Working in Construction, Basic plumbing, Heating and Ventilation, Basic Electrical Installations and Functional Skills.

Progression: Apprenticeship in one of the building services trades or further study in building design and construction.

Now the second course is full time which I dont mind if I get down a little quicker then dragging it out for years. Does the second course sound like it could be 2330 as well or something completely different????

As I dont want to waste time doing the wrong thing

Thanks

the second looks like an all rounder mate tbh. thats just my interp from reading the title of it. it looks like a little of this and that with the practicle skills at a minimum. i could be wrong though. does it say what c&g qual you come out with?

the second looks like an all rounder mate tbh. thats just my interp from reading the title of it. it looks like a little of this and that with the practicle skills at a minimum. i could be wrong though. does it say what c&g qual you come out with?

I have linked both colleges so you can read what they say about each course.

This is the college I believe is doing the right one in the evening time Fact File

And this is one I wrote the summary for in my above post Cambridge Regional College=

What do u think?

i would say do the 2330 route, its the recoginised way of becoming an electrician, seems long, but goes quick enough, plus you can do other courses in between like pat testing etc. thats what i done anyway, im going onto level 3 in september, ayeeee seeems ages

ps, providing i pass the units, second year only exams is 2330-5 and practical

Last edited:
It seems it's a mute point now anyhow as 2330 no longer exists as it's all being combined for anyone to start training you have to follow the apprentice route so I need a job before I start my 3 year course in September

It seems it's a mute point now anyhow as 2330 no longer exists as it's all being combined for anyone to start training you have to follow the apprentice route so I need a job before I start my 3 year course in September

hi chris , sorry i have just seen your links. the other one is a level 1 course and not really what you want mate tbh. if you can get onto the 2330 or 2357 go for them mate.

The 2330 does exist, its still running and part of the current framework. Please dont give incorrect information unless you know it to be factual. The last date for registration is 1/4/2011. The new framework will be available after this date.

For FE colleges the intake has passed as their intake is in september, this is not the case for all providers.

The 2330 does exist, its still running and part of the current framework. Please dont give incorrect information unless you know it to be factual. The last date for registration is 1/4/2011. The new framework will be available after this date.

For FE colleges the intake has passed as their intake is in september, this is not the case for all providers.

Common sense would show it to be factual as 2330 no longer exists to people going to college in September fact! And since I have been talking about colleges and not quick 10 week courses I have not given out incorrect information the course teacher stated anyone doing a course starting in September needs to have a job first this applies to anyone new

Reply to Confused in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net