Discuss Confusion when it comes to a test on 3 phase in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

electric-cal

Hi, I have just joined the forum having looking around and found lots of good advice,
I've been asked to do a couple of small jobs at a commercial premises shortly, simple tasks like installing a few extra lights onto a current light circuit and a moving a supply point to a dishwasher.
the confusion is arising when it comes to the tests needed - the dishwasher circuit is in the same room as a consumer unit that runs from the main board - where do i perform the tests neccasary, at the consumer unit or main board? just a little concerned doing it wrong may trip out the whole electrics which wont go down too well.
the lights however run from the distribution board, how do i go about testing these, is it across the phases or not?

calum.

Reply to Confusion when it comes to a test on 3 phase in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

hi guys / girls , any advice would be appreciated, So the situation is a domestic property has a 3 phase supply , from the service head we have 3...
Replies
Views
What are people fitting in the 3 phase range just lately, I've had a scan at various makes and it seems to be a ---- up between Hager and Wylex at...
Replies
Views
Hi all.. Bit of a nightmare afternoon,, testing a caravan park TP&N panel board IR testing while board isolated before returning power (merlin...
Replies
Views
I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
When I joined this forum a decade or so back, there was a discussion going on about a welder that was connected with a 3-core cable to L1, L2 and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock