Discuss confussed or what in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

irish ivan

hi there,
newby here.
now this is the crack. i,ve got a client with a shop thats got a flat above it and she wants to sell the flat. theres one single phase supply to the whole property. so in the basement theres the head 100amp,tails to the meter, tails from the meter to a henley block then to two 6way dis/boards one for the shop n one for the flat. now she wants the board moved to inside the door of the flat and a new meter for this board. what i need to find out is will the supplier fit a second meter on a single phase supply??? and whats the best way of moving this dis/board??? i,ve tried ringing the energy supplier but they,ve confused me even more with talk of sub meters and all sorts.
has anyone run onto this situation???:confused::confused::confused::confused:

welcome to the world of free energy market!

DNO MOVE METERS!!

however! if they will not budge and want to charge a massive fee why not run new tails to where you want CU and meter and "ahem" do it your self (not that im sayings its legal mind) but hey what difference does it make! the meter reader wont know any difference when he reads them providing its done properly!! lol...

I think he wants a separate meter for the upstairs flat
I think if the flat is being sold seperatly and will eventually have nothing to do with the present owner, I.e two separate portions of the building, then the DNO will bring in a second phase for that portion and meter it separately as the energy being used by it has nothing to do with the present owner

so they have to bring in a new phase from the street?
cant run two meters off of one phase??????????
what happens when ya convert a house into a few flats?

Can use the original meter for the shop as it's the meter for that phase, if she wants shop ccu moving then just extend the tails to wherever, but as far as second phase of sub meter is concerned then it's a DNO job

Yes u can run two meters on one phase but prior to that decision being made the DNO may look at the potential loading of the buildings, is the shop light commercial, will the flat have an electric shower and cooker?, those alone with no diversity may pull 60A, add to that some lamps and sockets maybe dishwasher or washing machine and if it's on a day where the occupier is home and the shop open like Saturday they may think 100A is not enough, I've seen plenty of split shops/flats on one supply but ive also seen on separate supplies

well the flat is a 2bed with a lecky shower, i think its got a gas oven, its got the bare minimum when it comes to sockets n lights.
the shop is light commercial got feck all as well.
i guess its down to the DNO to decide but shes not gonna like it if they insist on a new phase cos shes as tight as 2 coats a paint.
ah well all i can do is tell her the low down and see.
thanks for all the help.

i should have just walked away!!!!

no reason why a meter cant be fitted by yourself however everything will run through the first meter for the total usage so the landlord would need to bill the flat owner for what has been used

As it stands at the moment, the DNO supply for both shop and flat is adequately sized to supply both. So it should be just a simple meter and CU move.

Whatever happens as far as the flat is concerned after the sale, is down to the new owners. So if they wanted to up-grade, re-wire, and/or require a bigger DNO supply at some stage, then it will be again, the new owners responsibility obtaining that new supply along with any costs involved!!!

well the flat is a 2bed with a lecky shower, i think its got a gas oven, its got the bare minimum when it comes to sockets n lights.
the shop is light commercial got feck all as well.
i guess its down to the DNO to decide but shes not gonna like it if they insist on a new phase cos shes as tight as 2 coats a paint.
ah well all i can do is tell her the low down and see.
thanks for all the help.

i should have just walked away!!!!
LOL i ll be using that 1

Reply to confussed or what in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net