Discuss Connecting cable in plastered wall?? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dentie2302

Can anyone advise best practise for joining a cable in a wall that will be plastered over?
light switch has to be moved down, customer will not let me replace cable currently plastered in wall?

Crimps and heatshrink.

Underdog, Unfortunalty cable runs through plaster dab, there is plenty of slack and have advised them I could put in new cable with only one small hole roughly 500mm down from ceiling which could be patched up however they do not want anymore holes even tho they will allready have to fill the hole from the old switch position!! (Idiots!!) however customer gets what the customer wants??

Did think of crimps never thought of heat shrink tho, great idea!!

suggest as above but flush in blank plate, or even a bit of 5mm ply over old switch position containing your joint, rough up surface and skim over.

Last edited:
I always tape over the heat shrink with gaffer tape as well to make sure the joint does not take in moisture over time, unless you use the self sealing/ adhesive heatshrink.

Reply to Connecting cable in plastered wall?? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have a coaxial wall plate that is hanging off the wall and needs replacing. How do I wire the old plate which has an IN and OUT for the...
Replies
Views
I'm installing smart modules in my light switches which means I need to replace the existing 25mm back boxes with 47mm ones. Downstairs all walls...
Replies
Views
Quick question to electricians - I want to add metal-plated sockets to newly plastered walls. The electrical wholesaler advised that newly...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to install wall lights such as these ones (LAP Bronx Outdoor Up & Down Wall Light Black - Screwfix -...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Wondering if I can get some advice. Basically I’m having exposed joist ceilings in my house and I’m in the process of slowly changing all...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock