Discuss connecting equipments to battery questions... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I

I-car

If I have a stand alone 12v 100AH battery, how long can it power a 1000w equipment?

what kind of battery is best for powering equipments? deep cycle battery? wet cell? dry cell? I need to use it for commercial purpose so i need it to be heavy duty.

is 2000W inverter plug to battery save to power a 1600W equipment like steamer?how big a battery capacity in order to power up to 1 hour?

thanks!!

better off with a genny.

OP - the common assumptions that a 100AH battery will deliver 100A for an hour, 200A for half an hour or 50A for two hours (etc) are all flawed and misleading. An inverter will only add to your problems due to additional losses and inefficiencies. You will only know through trial and error (really).

As Tel says, get a genny.

still a genny is the best solution huh..??
I am doing a mobile car wash using 2 scooters with medium size box container..(around 100Liter volume size)
so what kind of genny should I get to power up a 1500W steam cleaner??

is a 2000w digital generator a good choice? is the quite one good to use?

makes me laugh this one same chap posted a short while ago regarding hoovers and was told to use a genny,now its battery powered inverters for steamers and 2 scooters for getting it around.My advice friend if you are in uk is to use a small car or van to get your equipment to he jobs otherwise you may get nicked under construction and use regs by overloading your scooters.

its a bit like tony has said , and the others to run what you want continus then id go for the genny to power a 1600 watt steam washer through a 12 volt 100 am hour battery will give you approximatley 15 seconds ( yes i have done alsorts of experiments )with a 2kw or 3kw genny then you'll cover your self they are quite cheap

Reply to connecting equipments to battery questions... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock