Discuss Connecting main protective bonding conductor into MET thoughts in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lumie

-
Reaction score
Any thoughts about connecting main protective bonding conductors into the MET instead of distribution boards?

Watched a spark do it the other day and never really thought about it myself. Achieves the same result so it shouldn't be an issue.

Protective bonding conductors should be terminated into the MET. Sometimes in domestic installations the MET is the bar in the consumer unit, but not always.

In domestic installations, MET within CU/DB is ideal. Stops plumbers/kitchen fitters/DIY'ers fiddling with a little green/yellow cables of no obvious, use from being disconnected etc IMO :)

Reply to Connecting main protective bonding conductor into MET thoughts in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, Just a quick question. Does a main protective bonding conductor require UV protection when run outside? I am under the impression that...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm nearly on my AM2 test and really enjoy the industrial side of things so I thought I'd learn by asking. I recently came across...
Replies
Views
This is a question (or discussion probably) regarding selecting the main earthing conductor, and subsequently the main equipotential bonding...
Replies
Views
Disclaimer: I'm not going to attempt this job myself, I want a professional to do this job properly since I consider it non-trivial and need it...
Replies
Views
I don't "do" solar, but I've been asked to comment on an aspect of a new domestic solar installation by others. There is no overload or fault...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock