Discuss Connecting RotaryIsolation switches in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I've never used or connected a rotary isolation switch before, but job on, got to supply fit 2. Are they so designed that cables enter top /bottom only? If I installed T&E flush could I enter isolation switch from rear. Max size cable would be 10mm T&E. I'm thinking I might struggle due to size and room for cable. Do they do flush isolation switches? Thanks

Rotary isolators will have the actual switch in the middle so you will be able to bring the cables in from the back but only at certain points ie top or bottom corners. You should have room for the depending on what size rotary you get. If it's a 10mm t&e I would assume it would be a minimum 32a rotary you would be getting. Haven't seen any fitted flush I can think of but that doesn't mean you can't

Rotary isolators will have the actual switch in the middle so you will be able to bring the cables in from the back but only at certain points ie top or bottom corners. You should have room for the depending on what size rotary you get. If it's a 10mm t&e I would assume it would be a minimum 32a rotary you would be getting. Haven't seen any fitted flush I can think of but that doesn't mean you can't
Thanks for that......yes more than likely 32amp switch..........Thinking about it , more than likely go flush wiring but surface switch, then ASHP people can go from isolation switch in flexi conduit etc.

10mm will be a bugger to terminate in a 32A rotary. Try it and let me know how it goes :)

Reply to Connecting RotaryIsolation switches in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I'm installing a temporary supply to a modular kitchen and need to bring over a new 3PN supply for a new temp consumer unit located...
Replies
Views
I have taken delivery of an undersink water heater. It is fitted with an RCD on the electrical supply cable which terminates with a euro-plug. I...
Replies
Views
I have had my kitchen rewired ready for a new kitchen. I was originally going to have a gas cooker so a 3 pin 13a socket was left on the end of...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D
Good evening all, I’m currently part way through my apprenticeship and we are working on IB, IN, IZ and IT and volt drop today. And it got me...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock