Discuss Connecting to a Wago connector in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Discharged

Thought this deserved its own thread rather than clutter the other one up with stuff...

How do you prepare a cable for insertion to a Wago connector? They type of Wago I mean is one where you just push the cable in - there's no lever.

How would I know how much cable to bare/strip insulation? Do I twist the strands or not?

How on earth can it detect what size cable you have inserted? Does it have some sort of device at the rear of the hole that feel a cable and clamps down? Therefore, should I push the cable in hard?

For the WAGO 773 series, 12-13mm needs to be stripped back. The 773 are only suitable for solid and stranded - not suitable for fine stranded without modification e.g. bootlace crimp. There is a groove on the clear part connector that indicates the 13mm to use as a reference.

You know that it has worked when you can see the end sticking through the spring. Try with 2.5 solid until you get used to it.
Connecting to a Wago connector wago 773 internal - EletriciansForums.net

Leave the strands just as they are when you've stripped them. Make sure the cut end is square and also push into the connector quickly and squarely.
I find that if you twist them, they baulk at the spring and this tends to result in one or two strands bunching up, so you've got a reduced csa of copper in the connector - which obviously isn't good.

Simon.

Reply to Connecting to a Wago connector in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock