Discuss connecting to existing lighting circuit in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

siras

Greetings, i have a question about a kitchen install. The previous kitchen had under counter lights switched from a normal light switch, i have checked the fuse board and it's not on the rcd side, they will connect new under counter lights to this circuit will it have to be put on the rcd side after instal... hope you can help

but does just replacing the fittings count as modifying the circuit.? RCBO good , though.

It would only need RCD if any new wiring was installed in a wall or in a bathroom, unless wiring in wall was otherwise protected. You don't need to bring old installation up to 17th ed unless your new work requires it.

as long as you can get it in, shouldn't be a problem

It would only need RCD if any new wiring was installed in a wall or in a bathroom, unless wiring in wall was otherwise protected. You don't need to bring old installation up to 17th ed unless your new work requires it.

i agree with that. IMO, just changing fittings does not constitute a circuit modification

sometimes i mssrood the pist. blame it all on the old sothern gentleman, not colonel sanders, jack daniel

Reply to connecting to existing lighting circuit in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

As I've mainly done site work and moved into domestic recently, I'm a bit rusty on stuff like this, but if I'm adding a loft PIV unit to an...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views
I'm moving a socket installed on a lighting circuit (installed by previous owner who was a professional electrician so I assume he knew what he...
Replies
Views
Hello all- I hope this is the right place to ask this question. A few weeks ago the LED lights in the kitchen started flickering intermittently...
Replies
Views
I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock