Discuss Connection issue with swa in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I need to run an out door supply.
However the dist board is boxed in.
There is access back entry but that doesn't help glanding a swa.
Could you gland outside to a through box them carry the same cable to the breaker?
Taking an earth leas from the conduit box also.

Could you gland outside to a through box them carry the same cable to the breaker?

Yes you can.

Well the conduit box will be behind some boxing in and under a lean to

I would leave the box accessible. Not behind some boxing in.
Also the cable from the box to the breaker will have to be RCD protected, depending on installation method.

I was going to put it on a 32 amp rcbo
As it's going to an outdoor isolator for a hot tub.
What size cable do you intend to run, how far is the hot tub from the C/U, what loading is the hot tub, what installation method are you intending to use.?

why do some people think we can do a job for them while on this forum .
take picture of the work it will tell a story.

Not to be rude but how is a picture of a wall where I intend to mount a conduit box going to help ?
I'm not at the job right now.
Just wanted to confirm I can gland somewhere else other than at the ccu since its not something I've done ever.

This forum always starts off helpful then soon turns to negativity and do you want me to do the job for you.
So helpful, probably get more help on a fitters forum.
take no noticeof buzzlightyear. (nobody else does :)). your plan saounds OK. gland SWA into a adaptable box, carry the tails into the CU ( in pvc tube is a good idea ), add an earth tail for earthing the armour, job's sound.

we all need help for time to time. but when you plan a job or start you have to become a engineer has well has a spark .put a plan on a plain paper let the dog see the rabbit .
to help you

we all need help for time to time. but when you plan a job or start you have to become a engineer has well has a spark .put a plan on a plain paper let the dog see the rabbit .
to help you.

Reply to Connection issue with swa in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock