Discuss Connection to phone line in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Robson689

-
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking to connect a Visonic alarm to the phone line. Do I need a microfilter or can I just connect from the master socket into the panel?

Thanks in advance

Ok so it worked but the master socket is very old and it's not possible to get a reliable connection without it cutting the broadband off so will replace the master socket when I can get one and see from there

One thing I was unsure of was the connection to panel - 2 terminals marked "line" but obviously there is 4 wires coming from the BT 431a plug so I just guessed which to connect black & yellow not sure if it matters

Reply to Connection to phone line in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I hope this is the right place for this. I have one phone line in my house and its a cat 6. I'm planning on adding a line in our kitchen, so my...
Replies
Views
Daughter has bought a house and it has a home security system, G-Tag setup. Issue is the alarm panel displays are pixelated and you cant see...
Replies
Views
Hi, just looking for advice. Ive been to look at a Fire alarm install job. While checking where i will take my supply from. 3 phase sub board, i...
Replies
Views
Following the tragic tale from @telectrix about lightning damage to phones and modem leading to a serious loss of beer money I decided to take a...
Replies
Views
Hello - I'm looking to help determine how many connections are allowed on my AC disconnect terminal lugs - Eaton DPU22R. I'm not seeing anything...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock